Majorly Stoneman Douglas Announces A Day Of Service And Love On 2/14/22
Non-Academic Day. No Classes. Modified Schedule.
Parkland, FL – Boca Post (BocaPost.com) — MSD will have a non-academic day of service and love on 2/14/22 to honor the 17 fallen eagles and the lives forever changed by the tragic school shooting that occurred just 4 years ago on that date.
All parents of MSD students have to fill out a form located at the schools website in order to select what they want their kids to do on that date. They can select from the following:
- Excused Absence on 2/14/2022.
- Feeding Our First Responders Breakfast: Students and staff will have the opportunity to serve breakfast to our local first responders. In addition, students and staff will have the opportunity to create thank you cards for our first responders.
- Spending a Mindful Morning with the MSD Mind-Body Club: Students and staff will have the opportunity to participate in tai chi, meditation, and various mindful art projects.
- Marjory’s Garden: Students and staff will work on maintaining and improving our on-campus student created garden.
- Campus Beautification: Students and staff will work together on a variety of projects to continue to improve the aesthetics of the campus.
Monday, February 14th, 2022 is not an academic school day for MSD students. No MSD students will attend any academic classes on that date.
All students will still have to follow any and all CDC guidelines on that day.
The school hours on February 14th will be 7:40am to 11:00am.
No backpacks are allowed that day.
Top row, left to right, Carmen Schentrup, Scott Beigel
Second row, Lto R, Gina Montalto, Alaina Petty, Alex Schachter
Third row, Lto R, Chris Hixon, Jaime Guttenberg
Fourth row, Lto R, Meadow Pollack, Luke Hoyer, Helena Ramsay
Bottom row, Lto R, Alyssa Alhadeff, Aaron Feis, Joaquin Oliver, Martin
Duque Anguiano, Cara Loughran, Nicholas Dworet, and Peter Wang