BOCA RATON, FL (Boca Post) (Copyright © 2025) — Boca Raton police detained a 18-year-old man at Town Center Mall after a fight broke out near the food court and officers later recovered a loaded 9mm Glock from his waistband, according to the arrest report filed on Nov. 29, 2025.
As reported first by Boca Post on Saturday, Officers responded to the mall on Glades Road after reports of “a large group of individuals and shots fired in the vicinity of the food court,” the report states. When they arrived, Santos Figueroa Alvarenga was already being held by officers near the Karma and Luck storefront.
Officer Levine told investigators he initially detained Santos after Town Center staff pointed him out as someone involved in the disturbance. Staff members told Levine they saw several people running from the food court and believed Santos was part of the fight. At one point, Levine reported seeing a mall staffer physically holding Santos.
As officers sorted out the scene, Officer Fong searched Santos and found a loaded Glock 19 with serial number AKDU826 in his waistband, according to the report. Fong wrote that Santos told him he possessed a firearm, and officers retrieved it.
After being read his Miranda rights, Santos agreed to speak with police. He told officers he was at the mall with his family and had been standing away from the food court when he saw the fight happening near Chick-fil-A. He said he watched the fight but did not participate.
Santos also told police he was approached by “three aggressors looking to harm him,” according to the report. He said he feared for his safety and briefly displayed the Glock tucked into his waistband. He claimed the altercation ended and he walked away before officers detained him.
Due to the totality of statements and evidence, Santos was charged with carrying a concealed firearm under the age of 21, a violation of Florida Statute 790.01(3), the report says.
No additional injuries or shots fired were documented in the arrest narrative. However, many people on social media have claimed they heard gunfire before officers arrived. Several posts circulating since the incident describe “shots fired” near the food court, though none of those accounts have been confirmed by police in the arrest report. The narrative only notes that officers were dispatched after reports of a large fight and possible shots in the area, with no documented evidence of gunfire found at the scene.

0 Comments