Arrest made months after man found murdered in Hollywood motel room

by News Desk | Jun 22, 2022 · 6:46 am | Hollywood News

Arrest made months after man found murdered in Hollywood motel room - Rossemary Cruz-Buitrago

Last Updated: Mar 28, 2026 · 4:53 pm

Join the conversation.

Most reader discussion happens on our Facebook page. Follow Boca Post for breaking news and join the conversation.

Reach Boca Raton Readers When Legal Issues Arise

Appear alongside local arrest reports, lawsuits, and breaking coverage read daily across Boca Raton.

Connect your firm with readers actively following legal matters in the community.

Limited placements available. Boca Raton area firms only.

Arrest made months after man found murdered in Hollywood motel room

Body Left In Budget Inn Motel Room In February, Hollywood Police Arrest Suspect

Arrest Made Months After Man Found Murdered In Hollywood Motel Room - Rossemary Cruz-Buitrago

Arrest Made Months After Man Found Murdered In Hollywood Motel Room – Rossemary Cruz-Buitrago

HOLLYWOOD, FL (Boca Post) — Hollywood Police have made an arrest in the February murder of a man who was left in the Budget Inn motel on 2000 N Federal Hwy in Hollywood, FL.

Four months later, Hollywood Police Department tells Boca Post they hey have arrested 48-year-old Rossemary Cruz-Buitrago for the murder of the man. Police have yet to publicly identify the victim who was found in the motel room badly beaten and burned.

A statement from the Hollywood Police Department:

On Saturday, February 19th, 2022, at approximately 4:24 PM, officers of the Hollywood Police Department responded to 2000 North Federal Hwy in reference to a 911 call about a deceased male in the motel room. Upon arrival, officers located the victim on the floor with apparent injuries across his body. The Broward Medical Exaimer’s Office ruled the death a homicide caused by the injuries to the victim.

Detectives identified the suspect, Rossemary Cruz-Buitrago, and an Arrest Warrant for one count of First Degree Murder was issued for her arrest. On Tuesday, June 21st, 2022, officers from the Hollywood Police Department took Rossemary Cruz-Buitrago into custody.

As a matter of policy, Boca Post is not identifying the man who we believe to be the victim since the Police have not. According to court records, the man previously had a protection order against Cruz-Buitrago who attacked him in a similar manner at least once before.

Right of Response

Boca Post reports on arrests and court filings based on publicly available records. Individuals or businesses named in this coverage who wish to provide additional context or an official statement may request publication of a response.

Palm Beach County Emergency Operations Center Trains For 2026 Hurricane Season

Palm Beach County Emergency Operations Center Trains For 2026 Hurricane Season

Palm Beach County emergency managers are training, coordinating with weather officials, and urging residents to prepare before the 2026 hurricane season begins.

Boca Raton Man Arrested In Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash That Killed 17-Year-Old

Boca Raton Man Arrested In Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash That Killed 17-Year-Old

A 19-year-old Boca Raton man is facing a felony charge after police said he left the scene of a crash that killed a 17-year-old pedestrian near SW 14th Street and SW 14th Avenue.

Boca Raton Police Say Parking Lot Fight Outside Cinemark Led To Felony Battery Arrest

Boca Raton Police Say Parking Lot Fight Outside Cinemark Led To Felony Battery Arrest

A Delray Beach woman was arrested after Boca Raton police said a domestic dispute outside Cinemark on Airport Road escalated into battery and alleged strangulation.

50 Dogs Rescued From Tennessee Neglect Case Now Headed To Florida

50 Dogs Rescued From Tennessee Neglect Case Now Headed To Florida

Tri-County Humane says 50 dogs are now on their way to Florida after being pulled from a Tennessee rescue operation involving severe neglect and urgent medical needs.

George Bush Boulevard Bridge In Delray Beach To Close June 1 For Nearly Seven Weeks

George Bush Boulevard Bridge To Close June 1 Through July 20

The George Bush Boulevard Bascule Bridge in Delray Beach will close to vehicles and pedestrians from June 1 through July 20 for essential bridge deck repairs.