UPDATE: Two Killed in Shooting at Boynton Beach Business; Suspect Found Dead After Self-Inflicted Gunshot

by | Jan 12, 2026 · 6:36 pm | Public Safety, Boynton Beach | 0 comments

Lockdowns Lifted After Critical Incident Near Gateway Boulevard and High Ridge Road, Boynton Beach Police Say

Let's Be Friends

Support Boca Post by following us on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, and Nextdoor for trusted local news, events, weather updates, and important community information delivered as it happens.

Developing story: This report may be updated as additional information is confirmed. Updates will appear at the bottom of the article.


BOYNTON BEACH, FL (Boca Post) (Copyright © 2026) — Lockdowns were lifted Monday after Boynton Beach Police responded to what the department described as a “critical incident” near High Ridge Road, just north of Gateway Boulevard.

Police said they were “currently on the scene” near High Ridge Road north of Gateway Boulevard and told residents to avoid the area stretching from High Ridge Road to Miner Road, including Gateway Boulevard and surrounding streets. Schools and businesses in the area were placed on lockdown, police said, while officers worked the scene. The department emphasized the incident did not occur at a school.

A short time later, Boynton Beach Police issued an update saying one suspect had been located and “all lockdowns have been lifted,” adding that a more detailed update would be provided.

Boynton Beach Police tell us that while area schools were placed on lockdown the incident did not occur at a school.

The area described by police includes a busy commercial corridor with multiple access points, including entrances into shopping plazas and office properties along Gateway Boulevard and High Ridge Road. Residents in nearby neighborhoods were also watching for traffic impacts as police directed people away from the area and moved units through the corridor.


UPDATE (7:24 p.m. ET – January 12, 2026): Boynton Beach Police later confirmed the incident was a shooting at a business that left two victims dead.

Police said a witness initially called in a report of a suspicious person, which led officers to the area and a brief pursuit. Investigators said there was a single suspect.

The suspect was later located deceased with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said.

Authorities said the two victims knew the shooter. No additional suspects are being sought.

Police have not released the identities of the victims or the suspect, and have not disclosed the name of the business where the shooting occurred. The investigation remains active.


UPDATE: Two Delray Beach Men Killed in Boynton Beach Office Shooting; Suspect Dies by Suicide After Pursuit, Police Say

More police activity coverage is available on Boca Post’s police activity page.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More News

Boynton Beach Police Arrest Three Juveniles After Shots Fired Strike Occupied Home

Boynton Beach Police Arrest Three Juveniles After Shots Fired Strike Occupied Home

Three juveniles were arrested after gunfire struck an occupied Boynton Beach residence and suspects fled from a traffic stop later that evening.

Bso Pursuit In Tamarac Ends In Fatal Crash, Suspect Charged With Felony Murder - Sean Paul Holder

BSO Pursuit in Tamarac Ends in Fatal Crash, Suspect Charged With Felony Murder

A Tamarac pursuit involving a stolen vehicle ended in a fatal crash, leaving one civilian dead and a Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy injured as the suspect now faces a felony murder charge and multiple other counts.

Man Accused Of Striking Protester With Flagpole During Demonstration Near Trump International Golf Club - Paul Arthur Messer

Protest Altercation Near Trump Golf Club Ends in Arrest

A Lake Worth man was arrested after deputies say he struck a woman with a metal flagpole during a protest near Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach.

Boca Raton Woman Convicted In 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested On Sex Offender Registration Charge - Mandi Bowman

Boca Raton Woman Convicted in 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested on Sex Offender Registration Charge

A Boca Raton woman convicted in a 2012 child sex trafficking case is facing a new charge after investigators say she failed to complete a required six-month sex offender re-registration following a late-2025 address change.

Boca Raton Woman Accused Of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced - Florence Okyerebea Djan

ARRESTED AGAIN: Boca Raton Woman Accused of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced

A woman was arrested after police said she struck a vehicle at the Glades Road and Dixie Highway intersection, the second similar arrest tied to her since November court records show.