FHP Not Filing Charges Against BBPD Officer In 13-Year-Old’s Death

by | Mar 31, 2022 · 11:37 am | Lawsuits, Boynton Beach | 0 comments

BREAKING FHP Finishes Investigation Into Death Of 13 Year Old Motorcyclist Being Chased By BBPD

Let's Be Friends

Support Boca Post by following us on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, and Nextdoor for trusted local news, events, weather updates, and important community information delivered as it happens.

FHP Blames Deceased 13-Year-Old Boy. BBPD Starts Its Own Investigation.

BOYNTON BEACH, FL (Boca Post) — Florida Highway Patrol has finished its crash investigation around the death of 13 year old who died after crashing his motorbike into a street sign while being chased by a BBPD Officer.

Florida Highway Patrol finishes its 3-month investigation into the accident that caused the death of 13-year-old Stanley Davis III.

FHP says that Davis allegedly drove his ‘racing motorcycle’ 85MPH was at fault in the accident as there was no physical contact between his dirt bike and the BBPD patrol vehicle pursuing him.  FHP says no charges are being filed because the at-fault person is deceased.

Of course, now that this investigation is over, BBPD will conduct its own review of the incident. As we previously reported, the family’s attorney has expressed its intent to file a wrongful death lawsuit against Boynton Beach Police Department.

Boynton Beach Police Department has issued the following statement:

Following a three-month investigation into a Dec. 26, 2021 motor vehicle accident that resulted in the death of the 13-year-old operator of a high performance 2022 Honda CRF450R-S racing motorcycle, the Florida Highway Patrol has issued its traffic homicide investigation report.

The FHP report found that based on the totality of investigation, the accident occurred while the motorcycle operator was driving recklessly at approximately 85 miles per hour and unlawfully fleeing an attempted traffic stop initiated by a Boynton Beach police officer. There was no physical contact between the police officer’s vehicle and the motorcycle, the FHP report found. The FHP report closing status states: This investigation is complete, and no charges shall be filed, because the at-fault person expired as a result of the crash.
Now that the FHP traffic homicide investigation is completed, the Boynton Beach Police Department will conduct an internal affairs investigation to determine if any police department policies were violated by any Boynton Beach law enforcement officer involved in the incident.

The City of Boynton Beach will not be issuing status reports regarding the internal affairs investigation as all information obtained pursuant to the internal affairs investigation is confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1) (Florida Public Records Law) until the investigation ceases to be active, or until the Chief of Police provides written notice to the officer who is the subject of the complaint, either personally or by mail, that the agency has either:

1. Concluded the investigation with a finding not to proceed with disciplinary action or to file charges; or
2. Concluded the investigation with a finding to proceed with disciplinary action or to file charges

See more details about the Boynton Beach motorcycle accident as previously reported by Boca Post.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More News

Bso Pursuit In Tamarac Ends In Fatal Crash, Suspect Charged With Felony Murder - Sean Paul Holder

BSO Pursuit in Tamarac Ends in Fatal Crash, Suspect Charged With Felony Murder

A Tamarac pursuit involving a stolen vehicle ended in a fatal crash, leaving one civilian dead and a Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy injured as the suspect now faces a felony murder charge and multiple other counts.

Man Accused Of Striking Protester With Flagpole During Demonstration Near Trump International Golf Club - Paul Arthur Messer

Protest Altercation Near Trump Golf Club Ends in Arrest

A Lake Worth man was arrested after deputies say he struck a woman with a metal flagpole during a protest near Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach.

Boca Raton Woman Convicted In 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested On Sex Offender Registration Charge - Mandi Bowman

Boca Raton Woman Convicted in 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested on Sex Offender Registration Charge

A Boca Raton woman convicted in a 2012 child sex trafficking case is facing a new charge after investigators say she failed to complete a required six-month sex offender re-registration following a late-2025 address change.

Boca Raton Woman Accused Of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced - Florence Okyerebea Djan

ARRESTED AGAIN: Boca Raton Woman Accused of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced

A woman was arrested after police said she struck a vehicle at the Glades Road and Dixie Highway intersection, the second similar arrest tied to her since November court records show.

Two Teens Arrested After Pembroke Pines Man Found Dead In Suv At West Broward Boat Ramp

Two Teens Arrested After Man Found Dead in SUV at West Broward Boat Ramp

Two 19-year-old suspects are in custody in Texas after Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives tied them to a homicide involving a 22-year-old Pembroke Pines man found dead inside a vehicle at the West Broward Boat Ramp off U.S. 27.