Police, FBI Seek Tips After Five Shot in Fort Lauderdale Entertainment District

by | Jan 1, 2026 · 7:41 am | Public Safety, Fort Lauderdale | 0 comments

Police, FBI Seek Tips After Five Shot in Fort Lauderdale Entertainment District

Let's Be Friends

Support Boca Post by following us on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, and Nextdoor for trusted local news, events, weather updates, and important community information delivered as it happens.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (Boca Post) (Copyright © 2026) — Police are asking for the public’s help as detectives continue investigating a shooting that left five adults injured in Fort Lauderdale’s entertainment district early Sunday morning.

According to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, officers were dispatched around 2 a.m. Dec. 28 to the 100 block of Southwest 3rd Avenue following reports of gunfire. When officers arrived, the scene was still active.

Police said officers immediately began providing tactical medical aid to five adult victims who had been shot. The shooter or shooters had already fled before officers reached the area.

Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported all five victims to Broward Health. Police confirmed the victims were later released from the hospital. No fatalities were reported.

As of Tuesday, investigators said there is no suspect information available. Detectives are still working to determine what led up to the shooting and who was involved.

The shooting occurred in an area known for nightlife and late-night crowds, particularly during weekends. Police have not released details about where the victims were positioned or whether the shooting stemmed from an argument or another incident.

The department is urging anyone who was in the area at the time — or who may have captured video or photos — to come forward.

Detectives from the department’s Criminal Investigations Division are working the case with assistance from federal partners. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fort Lauderdale Police Department at 954-828-4900 and direct tips to Detective Alonso of the Violent Crimes Unit.

Police said tips can also be submitted anonymously through Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477). Information that leads to an arrest and conviction may be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000 through Crime Stoppers.

In an update released Jan. 1, police said federal partners have launched an additional tip portal to collect information related to the case. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has set up an online submission site that allows the public to upload information, photos, and video tied to the shooting.

Authorities said tips submitted through the FBI portal that lead to an arrest and conviction may be eligible for a reward of up to $25,000.

Investigators emphasized that even small details could help advance the case, especially given the lack of suspect information at this stage.

The investigation remains active and ongoing. Police said additional updates will be released as more information becomes available.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More News

Man Accused Of Striking Protester With Flagpole During Demonstration Near Trump International Golf Club - Paul Arthur Messer

Protest Altercation Near Trump Golf Club Ends in Arrest

A Lake Worth man was arrested after deputies say he struck a woman with a metal flagpole during a protest near Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach.

Boca Raton Woman Convicted In 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested On Sex Offender Registration Charge - Mandi Bowman

Boca Raton Woman Convicted in 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested on Sex Offender Registration Charge

A Boca Raton woman convicted in a 2012 child sex trafficking case is facing a new charge after investigators say she failed to complete a required six-month sex offender re-registration following a late-2025 address change.

Boca Raton Woman Accused Of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced - Florence Okyerebea Djan

ARRESTED AGAIN: Boca Raton Woman Accused of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced

A woman was arrested after police said she struck a vehicle at the Glades Road and Dixie Highway intersection, the second similar arrest tied to her since November court records show.

Two Teens Arrested After Pembroke Pines Man Found Dead In Suv At West Broward Boat Ramp

Two Teens Arrested After Man Found Dead in SUV at West Broward Boat Ramp

Two 19-year-old suspects are in custody in Texas after Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives tied them to a homicide involving a 22-year-old Pembroke Pines man found dead inside a vehicle at the West Broward Boat Ramp off U.S. 27.

Boca Raton Woman Charged In Pepper Spray Attack On Ex’s New Girlfriend - Jennifer Montes

Boca Raton Woman Charged in Pepper Spray Attack on Ex’s New Girlfriend

A Boca Raton woman is facing felony charges after West Palm Beach police said she opened a driver’s door, sprayed the driver with a chemical agent, and a van later blocked the driver’s only exit route.