BOCA RATON, FL (Boca Post) (Copyright © 2026) — A Boca Raton man is facing felony charges after police say a fight at a residential complex on NW 4th Avenue involved a knife, threats against two victims and a 16-year-old.
Daniel Paul Stone, 42, was arrested May 15 by the Boca Raton Police Department after officers responded at about 6:50 p.m. to Cynthia Gardens, 1675 NW 4th Ave.
Boca Raton police said officers were called for a report of three males fighting, with the caller advising that one of the males had a knife. When an officer arrived, two males flagged her down and said a man wearing a green shirt had been threatening them with a knife.
One of the alleged victims had a small cut on the right side of his abdomen, according to the probable cause affidavit. Police said the victims reported that the man threatened them while holding the knife in an aggressive stance. Victims allege Witnesses told Police the man was reported near the south end of the parking lot by the dumpsters.
An officer located a man matching the description and identified him through a Florida driver’s license as Stone, according to Boca Raton police. Police said Stone was read his Miranda rights from a department card and declined to speak with officers.
The probable cause affidavit states that Stone later made spontaneous statements while seated in a marked patrol vehicle and again after arrival at the Boca Raton Police Department for processing. "I might have like lightly touched a minor with a piece of metal that's old as f***. I scraped it all over my face, man. That's not cutting sh**", Stone allegedly told the Officer.
Boca Raton police also wrote that a show-up was conducted with the alleged victims and witnesses, who identified Stone as the person involved.
Based on that investigation, police said Stone was arrested on allegations of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and child abuse without great bodily harm. The affidavit states that one of the alleged victims was 16.
Stone was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, two entries for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and abuse of a child without great bodily harm.
Stone was booked May 15 and housed at the Palm Beach County Main Detention Center, according to the jail records. The jail record lists current bond amounts of $10,000 for aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, $5,000 for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill and $5,000 for child abuse without great bodily harm. A release date was listed as not available in the booking record.
Court docket information shows probable cause was found May 16. The docket also shows a public defender was appointed, a no-contact-with-victim order was filed and the case was continued for a 30-day return hearing on June 14, 2026. An initial case conference is listed for July 9, 2026.
The charges remain allegations unless and until proven in court.
Find detailed Boca Raton arrest information, including charges, bond amounts, and booking status updates.




