NEW DETAILS: Royal Palm Beach High Volleyball Coach Fired After Arrest For Lewd Conduct Involving Student

by | Oct 27, 2025 · 4:22 pm | Arrests, Royal Palm Beach | 0 comments

High School Volleyball Coach Arrested for Lewd Acts on Student; PBSO Says More Victims Possible - Arturo “Arty” Gonzalez

Let's Be Friends

Support Boca Post by following us on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, and Nextdoor for trusted local news, events, weather updates, and important community information delivered as it happens.

ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL (Boca Post) (Copyright © 2025) — The principal of Royal Palm Beach High School has confirmed that volleyball coach Arturo “Arty” Gonzalez is no longer employed following his arrest on charges involving inappropriate contact with a student.

In a message sent to families on October 27, Principal Shakeica Robinson wrote that Gonzalez “is no longer employed at the school” and that the Palm Beach County School District is aware of the case.

“Please understand that because this is a personnel matter, we are unable to provide further details regarding the matter at this time,” Robinson said. “The safety and well-being of our students remain our highest priority.”

The update comes just after Boca Post first reported Gonzalez’s arrest in a breaking news report yesterday morning.

According to a probable cause affidavit obtained by Boca Post, Gonzalez, 55, was arrested on October 23 by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and charged with indecent, lewd, or lascivious touching of a minor and offense against a student by an authority figure—both felony counts.

Detectives say a 16-year-old girl told investigators she was inappropriately touched by Gonzalez, who had been her volleyball coach since freshman year. The student described a private training session inside an enclosed racquetball court on October 10 where, she said, Gonzalez made inappropriate comments about her body and then touched her without consent.

According to the report, the student said she told Gonzalez “no” and tried to pull away, but he continued. She later disclosed the incident to her mother, prompting the investigation.

Detective Darrell Diez with the Sheriff’s Office’s Special Victims Unit wrote that during a series of controlled phone calls recorded by investigators, Gonzalez admitted to touching the student. In one of those calls, he reportedly said he was “sorry” and that he “wouldn’t put his hands on [her] again,” acknowledging that he “grazed” her chest and “got carried away.”

Gonzalez later sat for an interview with detectives, during which he admitted the contact occurred but described it as unintentional. The report notes that he consented to a DNA swab and expressed remorse for what he called a “mistake.”

Court documents also reference a previous 2018 complaint naming Gonzalez in a similar allegation involving another teenage volleyball player. That earlier case did not result in charges, but investigators noted the similarities.

Following his arrest, Gonzalez was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail. He remained in custody as of publication.

The school district did not release details about the volleyball program’s current status or who will take over coaching responsibilities.

Detectives believe there may be other victims who have not yet come forward. Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Darrell Diez at 561-688-4143 or email [email protected]. Anonymous tips can be submitted through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS or via the PBSO mobile app.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More News

Man Accused Of Striking Protester With Flagpole During Demonstration Near Trump International Golf Club - Paul Arthur Messer

Protest Altercation Near Trump Golf Club Ends in Arrest

A Lake Worth man was arrested after deputies say he struck a woman with a metal flagpole during a protest near Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach.

Boca Raton Woman Convicted In 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested On Sex Offender Registration Charge - Mandi Bowman

Boca Raton Woman Convicted in 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested on Sex Offender Registration Charge

A Boca Raton woman convicted in a 2012 child sex trafficking case is facing a new charge after investigators say she failed to complete a required six-month sex offender re-registration following a late-2025 address change.

Boca Raton Woman Accused Of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced - Florence Okyerebea Djan

ARRESTED AGAIN: Boca Raton Woman Accused of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced

A woman was arrested after police said she struck a vehicle at the Glades Road and Dixie Highway intersection, the second similar arrest tied to her since November court records show.

Two Teens Arrested After Pembroke Pines Man Found Dead In Suv At West Broward Boat Ramp

Two Teens Arrested After Man Found Dead in SUV at West Broward Boat Ramp

Two 19-year-old suspects are in custody in Texas after Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives tied them to a homicide involving a 22-year-old Pembroke Pines man found dead inside a vehicle at the West Broward Boat Ramp off U.S. 27.

Boca Raton Woman Charged In Pepper Spray Attack On Ex’s New Girlfriend - Jennifer Montes

Boca Raton Woman Charged in Pepper Spray Attack on Ex’s New Girlfriend

A Boca Raton woman is facing felony charges after West Palm Beach police said she opened a driver’s door, sprayed the driver with a chemical agent, and a van later blocked the driver’s only exit route.