Boca Helping Hands Named Local Recipient in Publix “Good Together” Hunger Register Campaign

by | Feb 19, 2026 · 4:37 pm | Business, Boca Raton Archive | 0 comments

Boca Helping Hands is among the local recipients of Publix Super Markets’ 2026 Good Together Hunger Register Campaign, running Feb. 18 through March 1.

Let's Be Friends

Support Boca Post by following us on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, and Nextdoor for trusted local news, events, weather updates, and important community information delivered as it happens.

BOCA RATON, FL (Boca Post) (Copyright © 2026) — Boca Raton shoppers will see a familiar ask at the register over the next two weeks, with a local impact.

Publix Super Markets’ 2026 Good Together Hunger Register Campaign runs Feb. 18 through March 1, a 12-day fundraising effort timed during Random Acts of Kindness Week that supports Feeding America partner food banks across Publix’s operating areas. In Boca Raton, Boca Helping Hands is among the local recipients of the campaign.

The mechanics are simple. Customers can donate any amount at checkout, up to $1,000. Those dollars go toward helping partner food banks supplement fresh produce that Publix regularly provides with nonperishable items that are needed to keep shelves stocked and meals moving out the door.

For Boca Helping Hands, the campaign is tied directly to its daily work in Palm Beach County. Boca Helping Hands provides hot meals, groceries, and essential services to individuals and families experiencing food insecurity. The organization said last year alone it served nearly 4 million meals to the community, a volume that underscores how much demand exists even in a region often associated with affluence.

This register campaign is designed to meet needs that don’t always show up in a single donation truck or a one-time drive. Nonperishable items are the backbone of many food assistance programs because they are easier to store, easier to distribute, and often the difference between a short-term pickup and a stable, week-to-week supply. The campaign’s stated purpose is to use customer donations to fill those gaps alongside the fresh items Publix provides on a regular basis.

Publix and Boca Helping Hands have an established relationship that predates this year’s drive. Publix has been a longstanding supporter of Boca Helping Hands and has served as the organization’s largest retail grocery supporter for decades. For residents who see the donation prompt at checkout, that continuity matters. It means this is not a one-off partnership or a new branding effort. It is an ongoing channel of support tied to a local organization that serves Boca Raton and surrounding communities.

What happens next is largely driven by participation. The campaign runs through March 1, and contributions made at participating Publix stores during that window are directed into this effort. Boca Helping Hands said the support advances its mission and helps it continue providing meals and groceries, along with essential services, to people who need them.

For readers who want to understand what to watch for, there are two practical details: the dates and the method. The window is Feb. 18 through March 1, and the donation option happens at checkout. Residents do not need to plan around a separate event or sign-up. The action is built into routine shopping trips, with the option to give any amount up to $1,000.

Drives like this also tend to be most visible at the exact moment people are trying to move quickly and get out the door. The impact, however, is not quick. It shows up over time, in meals served and groceries distributed, and in the stability that comes from being able to supplement fresh food with pantry staples.

Boca Helping Hands Executive Director Dr. Andrew Hagen said the organization is grateful for the continued partnership and for contributions from shoppers during the campaign.

Visit Boca Helping Hands website to see how you can help today.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More News

Boynton Beach Police Arrest Three Juveniles After Shots Fired Strike Occupied Home

Boynton Beach Police Arrest Three Juveniles After Shots Fired Strike Occupied Home

Three juveniles were arrested after gunfire struck an occupied Boynton Beach residence and suspects fled from a traffic stop later that evening.

Bso Pursuit In Tamarac Ends In Fatal Crash, Suspect Charged With Felony Murder - Sean Paul Holder

BSO Pursuit in Tamarac Ends in Fatal Crash, Suspect Charged With Felony Murder

A Tamarac pursuit involving a stolen vehicle ended in a fatal crash, leaving one civilian dead and a Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy injured as the suspect now faces a felony murder charge and multiple other counts.

Man Accused Of Striking Protester With Flagpole During Demonstration Near Trump International Golf Club - Paul Arthur Messer

Protest Altercation Near Trump Golf Club Ends in Arrest

A Lake Worth man was arrested after deputies say he struck a woman with a metal flagpole during a protest near Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach.

Boca Raton Woman Convicted In 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested On Sex Offender Registration Charge - Mandi Bowman

Boca Raton Woman Convicted in 2012 Child Sex Trafficking Case Arrested on Sex Offender Registration Charge

A Boca Raton woman convicted in a 2012 child sex trafficking case is facing a new charge after investigators say she failed to complete a required six-month sex offender re-registration following a late-2025 address change.

Boca Raton Woman Accused Of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced - Florence Okyerebea Djan

ARRESTED AGAIN: Boca Raton Woman Accused of Damaging Vehicle After Prior Case Reduced

A woman was arrested after police said she struck a vehicle at the Glades Road and Dixie Highway intersection, the second similar arrest tied to her since November court records show.