TAX HOLIDAY: Florida Back-To-School Savings Starts Today
Back-To-School Tax Holiday In Florida Is July 25th, 2022 – August 7th, 2022
BOCA RATON, FL – Boca Post (BocaPost.com) — Everything you need to know about Florida’s Tax Holiday for the 2022 Back-To-School season, including the best deals for Boca Raton.
With inflation at an all-time high, the 2022 school year will certainly be more expensive than in previous years. That is why it is important to save money wherever you can.
Today, the Florida Tax Holiday for the 2022 Back-To-School begins. but there are rules.
Tax Exempt Items:
- Clothing, Footwear, and certain accessories with a sales price of under $100
- School supplies with a sales price under $50
- Learning aids and jigsaw puzzles with a sales price under $30, including:
- Electronic books
- Interactive books
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Learning cards
- Matching games
- Memory games
- Puzzle books
- Search-and-find books
- Stacking or nesting blocks or sets
- Educational toys that teach math or reading
- Computers and computer accessories with a sales price of under $1,500. Must be purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
When Tax Is Still Due:
- Clothing items that cost more than $100.
- Any school supply item that costs more than $50.
- Non-exempt books, see retailer for details.
- Computers and computer accessories that cost more than $1,500
- Computers and computer accessories purchased with the intent of commercial use
- Rentals of eligible items, even if items are eligible for the tax break
- Repairs or alterations, even if items are eligible for the tax break
- Sales of items within any theme park, entertainment complex, hotel, or airport
For complete rules and a list of eligible items, see the following publication from the State of Florida’s Department Of Revenue: