COVID-19: How To Get Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
How To Get Monoclonal Antibody Treatment And What To Expect. Palm Beach And Broward Counties Ramping Up Monoclonal Treatment.
Boca Raton, FL – Boca Post (BocaPost.com) — Monoclonal Antibody Treatment is available in Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Broward to add a new site soon as more supply becomes available.
Intervening with early treatment for COVID-19 may be the difference between life or death with some COVID-19 patients. Monoclonal Antibody Treatments are one such treatment that has been proven to be highly successful against COVID-19.
There are only a handful of MAB treatment sites in the area, including the following:
- West Gate Park and Recreation Center
3691 Oswego Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida
- West Boynton Recreation Center (Garner)
6000 Northtree Boulevard
Lake Worth, Florida
- CB Smith Park
900 North Flamingo Road
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Broward County has announced the addition of a new site to open as soon as they receive the supplies:
- Markham Park
Sunrise, FL 33326
The current facilities are offering treatment as it is available by appointment only. At the time of this writing, we were able to book an appointment as early as 10:15AM at the Boynton Beach location. The West Palm Beach location had availability as early as 1:45PM tomorrow.
To schedule your appointment, visit https://www.patientportalfl.com – For more information, consult FL Department of Health.
Palm Beach County – Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
What to expect
Eligibility – You are a patient over the age of 12 who has been COVID Positive within the last 10 days.
When you sign up to make an appointment, you will have to sign up for an account and then be asked a series of questions, including:
- Do you live in a house with 2 or more people?
- What is your current occupation?
- How did you hear about us?
- Are you qualified as Disabled and if so, please select your disability category below
- Insurance Info (You can decline)
- Primary Billing Insurance
- Primary Insurance Carrier
- Policy ID No.
- Group No.
- Insurance Guarantor
After answering (or refusing to answer) the questions, you will then be asked to acknowledge some very lengthy disclaimers. After that, you will then be prompted with a list of locations to choose from.
More eligibility questions will then appear:
- Are you at least 12 years of age and over 40kg (88lbs)?
- Have you had any COVID-19 antibody therapy within the last 28 days (i.e REGEN-COV, sotrovimab, bamlanivimab and etesevimab, COVID-19 convalescent plasma, etc.)?
- Are you allergic to any of the medications in Regeneron (i.e. CASIRIVIMAB and/or IMDEVIMAB), sotrovimab, bamlanivimab or etesevimab?
- Are you 65 years of age or older?
- Do have flu like symptoms (such as fever, chills, or cough)?
- Have you been vaccinated?
- Have you tested positive for and/or been diagnosed with COVID-19 infection within the last 10 days?
- Have you had a known exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 AND one of the following is true: You have not tested positive for COVID, you are not fully vaccinated, or you are fully vaccinated but have an immune compromising condition?
- Are you overweight or have you been diagnosed with obesity (for example, is your BMI greater than 25 kg/m2, or if age 12- 17, is your BMI greater than or equal to the 85th percentile for your age and gender based on CDC growth charts)?
- Are you pregnant?
- Do you have any one or more of the following medical risk factors: chronic kidney disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, congenital heart disease, hypertension, chronic lung disease, sickle cell disease, immunosuppressive disease, undergoing immunosuppressant treatment or taking immunosuppressant medications, neurodevelopmental disorder, cerebral palsy, genetic or metabolic syndromes, medically related technological dependence such as tracheostomy, gastrostomy, or positive pressure ventilation?
- Do you have any other high-risk condition(s) not already specified above?
Finally, you will be prompted with available time slots for the location you picked earlier.