Wellington Vote-By-Mail Insert Error Reached 170 Voters, Supervisor Of Elections Says

by News Desk | Feb 11, 2026 · 9:24 am | Wellington News

Wellington Vote-By-Mail Insert Error Reached 170 Voters, Supervisor Of Elections Says

Last Updated: May 6, 2026 · 8:52 am

Join the conversation.

Most reader discussion happens on our Facebook page. Follow Boca Post for breaking news and join the conversation.

This Advertising Spot Is Available

Reach Boca Raton readers daily through trusted local news coverage.

Secure this placement and get your business in front of thousands of local readers.

Limited placements available. Local businesses only.

WELLINGTON, FL (Boca Post) (Copyright © 2026) — An incorrect insert was mistakenly mailed to 170 vote-by-mail voters in the Village of Wellington in connection with a candidate withdrawal, prompting the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections to pause additional mailings and launch what the office described as a multi-step corrective effort.

Village officials said the issue did not originate from the municipality and stressed that election administration and ballot preparation are handled by the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Office under Florida law. The village said it does not oversee elections, ballot materials, or vote-by-mail mailings.

According to the Supervisor of Elections, the incorrect insert involved the withdrawal of a candidate, Paulo Santana, from the race. The insert that went out to some voters included language that should not have appeared and incorrectly stated that a vote for Lauren Brody would not count.

The Supervisor of Elections said the error was a case of human error and that there was no mal-intent, misconduct, or fraud involved. The office said it accepted full responsibility for the incorrect insert being mailed.

In a written explanation to Wellington officials, the Supervisor of Elections said its office properly drafted and sent an insert for approval indicating Santana had withdrawn, and then forwarded the correct, approved notice to the printer for production.

The problem, the elections office said, was that the printer “re-typed” the insert. Because the office had already proofread and approved what it sent to the printer, the elections office said it did not have its full proofreading team review the document that came back. A staff member reviewed the returned version but did not notice the change, the office said, adding that it would have handled the process differently if it had known the insert was re-typed.

Once the issue was identified, the Supervisor of Elections said it immediately paused the preparation of Wellington vote-by-mail ballot packets to ensure no additional voters were affected. The office said all future ballots mailed will include the correct insert.

The corrective steps outlined by the elections office include posting the correct notice online and contacting affected voters through multiple channels. The office said it planned outreach by text and/or email for affected voters for whom it has contact information, and stated it had contact information for at least 168 of the 170 voters. The office said it had received responses to its texts from at least 12 voters.

The Supervisor of Elections also said staff would contact all affected voters by phone when a phone number is on file. In the written update, the office said it had already spoken with 59 voters and left voicemail messages for approximately 50 more, and planned to continue until it reached all affected voters. The office said most voters indicated they had just received their ballot or had not yet received it.

For voters the office has not already reached through other methods, the Supervisor of Elections said it would send a first-class letter, with the mailing slated to go to the Post Office on Feb. 10, 2026.

The elections office also said it would segregate ballots received from affected voters who have not indicated their ballot is fine as-is and that they do not need a new ballot. The office said it would keep those ballots separate while continuing to contact voters to determine whether they want a replacement ballot.

If a voter requests a replacement, the Supervisor of Elections said a new ballot will be sent immediately. The office said there is still about a month before Election Day and said there is time to address the issue with each affected voter. If a voter indicates they want to replace the initial ballot with a replacement ballot, the office said the original ballot will be spoiled and not opened.

Wellington officials said they plan to continue sharing verified information as it becomes available and encouraged any voter with questions or concerns about their ballot to contact the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections directly.

Florida Missing Child Alert issued for 14-year-old girl last seen in Miami

Florida Missing Child Alert Issued for 14-year-old Girl Last Seen in Miami

FDLE issued a Florida Missing Child Alert for 14-year-old Kamiya Richardson, last known to be in Miami in Dade County.

Boca Raton Police Department - Traffic Advisory

Westbound Lanes Closed on Clint Moore Road at Nw 24th Way After Crash

Boca Raton Police issued a traffic advisory Tuesday evening after a crash closed the westbound lanes of Clint Moore Road at NW 24th Way.

Palm Beach County Civil Filings - May 08, 2026

Palm Beach County Civil Filings – May 08, 2026

Boca Post reviewed 58 new Palm Beach County Circuit Civil filings, including personal injury, insurance, business litigation, and foreclosure matters.

Boca Raton Morning Weather Update: Sunny, Hot, And Building Humidity Ahead Of Higher Rain Chances

Boca Raton Morning Weather Update: Sunny, Hot, and Building Humidity Ahead of Higher Rain Chances

Saturday stays mostly sunny and hot in Boca Raton, with a high near 89 and a southeast breeze. Humidity builds through the weekend, pushing heat index values into the 100–105 range, while rain chances gradually increase—especially early next week as a front nears So…

Boca Raton Beach Earns Second Straight International Blue Flag Award

Boca Raton Beach Earns Second Straight International Blue Flag Award

Spanish River Park beach in Boca Raton has earned its second consecutive international Blue Flag Beach Award, placing it among just three beaches in the United States with the distinction.