He’s Out: Former Boca Raton YMCA Camp Counselor Charged With Child Pornography Is Back At Home
Charged With Possession Of Hundreds Of Photos And Videos Of Child Pornography. Destroys Cell Phone. Denies Allegations. Back At Home On House Arrest.
UPDATE – 4/26/22
Boca Post can confirm that Isaac Yunes has returned to his parent’s home in the Island Lakes community of West Boca. Yunes was approved to be released on pre-trial house arrest. After some clarification, the courts have specified the following terms of his pre-trial house arrest:
- Shall not use any electronic device which has access to the internet
- Other members of the family may use their cellphones and laptops as long as they are password protected with a password that Isaac does not know.
- Further, those devices must be locked up when not in use.
- Isaac must not be given the Wifi password.
- The court is allowing Smart TVs for the other members of the household; however, they must be password protected. The remotes must also be locked up away from Isaac.
Yunes’ parents also had to put up a $103,000 bond in addition to paying PBSO’s house arrest fees to secure his release. PBSO’s house arrest program has its own policies that Yunes must follow as well, including wearing a GPS-enabled ankle bracelet that will “call home” if he leaves the pre-defined geofence.
Yunes will remain on house arrest for the remainder of his court proceedings as long as he doesn’t violate any of the conditions. Yunes has a case conference scheduled for 6/2/22.
UPDATE – 4/11/22
PBSO provides another update this morning and is calling the hundreds of images and videos content “sexual abuse of children”. The department says that during the investigation, Yunes attempted to destroy his cell phone and denied all allegations.
Boca Post will not be publishing the arrest report due to the disgusting nature of its content. We have reviewed the report, here are our takeaways:
- Used multiple e-mail accounts, multiple social media accounts, VPNs
- Files on SnapChat contained child sexual abuse material including mostly that of young boys.
- Conversations with other individuals trading files of young boys.
- Speaks to another individual on Snapchat about meeting a young boy in person
- Microsoft and Google have not complied with legal requests
- Yunes allegedly used social media application Snapchat and filesharing application Mega to trade the illegal content
- Yunes unlocks the phone and quickly deletes “Mega” app before handing it to the detectives
- Other recently deleted applications include: VPN, Dropbox, Kik
- Yunes denies having a sexual interest in children and says his friends are aged 12-14 years of age.
- Detectives find confirmed sexual abuse and exploration material of children between the ages of 4 and 15 on Yunes’ phone.
- Some of the material depicts children younger than 2 years old.
- The phone contains videos of a young Hispanic boy (12-14 years of age) in Yunes’ vehicle where the two are kissing in one video and having sex in another.
When the SWAT team searched the house, Yunes was uncooperative and refused lawful commands to exit the premises. Yunes used the bathroom where it is believed he dropped his phone into the water tank of his toilet.
UPDATE – 4/10/22
Isaac Yunes appeared in court today with his father and his attorney. The judge imposed several orders including no contact with any minors under the age of 18 and no computer devices. The judge also ordered PBSO In House Arrest with GPS as well as the $103,000 bond, meaning, Isaac Yunes could be returning to his home at 11318 Island Lakes Lane in West Boca very soon.
PBSO has told Boca Post that they received information from NCMEC (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) in December of 2021 regarding 4 Snapchat accounts being used to send and receive files “depicting the sexual abuse of children”.
PBSO adds that further investigation led detectives to Isaac Yunes. A residential search warrant was obtained and executed at Yunes’ residence. Several images and videos depicting the sexual abuse of children were found on Yunes’ device, as well as items linking Yunes to several of the reported Snapchat accounts. Yunes attempted to destroy his cellphone and denied all allegations.
On April 8, 2022, Yunes was placed under arrest and transported to the Palm Beach County jail.
Anyone with information Isaac Gabriel Yunes is urged to contact Detective Emma Borrows at 561-688-4080.
UPDATE – 4/9/22 – 12:00 PM
According to the court record, Isaac Yunes was in court this morning with his father present. His first appearance has been reset for tomorrow morning so his private attorney can be present. Isaac Yunes’ bond is still set at $3,000 for the tampering with evidence charge. There is still no bond set for the 30 child porn charges.
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office confirms what Boca Post has originally published, that PBSO Detectives learned that Isaac Yunes was a camp counselor at the PBC YMCA. As we originally reported, according to Yunes’ LinkedIn page, he reports that he was a ‘Childcare Provider’ for 5 years at the Peter Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton.
PBSO has asked anyone with any information about Isaac Gabriel Yunes to contact Detective Emma Borrows at 561-688-4080.
Published First By Boca Post – 4/9/22
BOCA RATON, FL – Boca Post (BocaPost.com) — Isaac Yunes, 26, of Island Lake Lane in West Boca, is being charged with 30 counts of “Possession of 10 or more files of child pornography” as well as destroying evidence.
While we wait for the arrest paperwork to be processed, what we know now is Isaac Yunes is being charged with possession of a lot of child pornography. To be charged with 30 counts of “Possession of 10 or more files of child pornography” means he was in possession of at least 300 articles of child pornography.
Yunes was also charged with the destruction of evidence which indicates he probably deleted the material in an attempt to not get in trouble for it.
According to Isaac Yune’s Linkedin profile, he lists that he was a ‘Childcare Provider’ for 5 years at the Peter Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton. Yunes indicates that he was a Childcare Provider at the YMCA from 2014 to 2019.
Isaac Yunes is also a principal partner in a local home-based Bakery called ‘Sweet Relief Bakery’. A description of Sweet Relief bakery was found on the company’s Facebook page:
Sweet Relief is a home-based bakery located in Boca Raton, dedicated to celebrating life’s special moments – and we think the best way to do that is with desserts!
Isaac Yunes is being charged with the following:
- 30 counts of 775.0847(2) POSSESSION OF 10 OR MORE FILES OF CHILD PORNOGRAPHY
- 1 count of 918.13(1) TAMPERING WITH OR FABRICATING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
Check back for updates as more information becomes available.